Fire that started near space heater damages Love Co. home

Criner Hill Fire Depart supplies smoke detectors after house fire
Criner Hill Fire Depart supplies smoke detectors after house fire(Criner Hill Fire Department)
Published: Feb. 7, 2023 at 7:20 PM CST|Updated: Feb. 7, 2023 at 7:22 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

LOVE COUNTY, Okla (KXII) - Fire damages a home in Love County, and firefighters say it started near a space heater.

Criner Hills Fire Department responded to a call on the fire northwest of Love County Tuesday.

The fire was quickly extinguished leaving minimal damage to the home.

Firemen said that the old smoke detector sounded, and the resident got out safely.

Firefighter want to remind residents to be safe when operating heating equipment during the winter months.

“Rule number one is don’t ever use them with an extension cord,” said Chief Michael Campbell, “And have anything flammable away from them. You know no blankets, or anything close to them. That would prevent a fire.”

Firefighters came back to the home with new smoke detectors for the residents, made possible through the partnership with Love County fire departments and the local Red Cross.