Advertisement

4-year-old Ravia girl dies from apparent electrocution

Published: Oct. 3, 2018 at 5:17 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A four-year-old girl has died from an apparent electrocution Wednesday morning, according to the Johnston County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff Jon Smith says it happened around 8:30 at the girl's home in Ravia.

Smith says Lily Minyard went behind a clothes dryer to get a puppy that was stuck and came into contact with a bare spot on the electrical wiring.

Her mother carried her to city hall. She was then taken to a Tishomingo hospital, but attempt to revive her were unsuccessful.

Smith says all signs point to her death as a tragic accident.