Cartwright woman loses home, pets to fire

Published: Nov. 15, 2019 at 2:50 PM CST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A woman is alive after a fire at her home in Bryan County took the life of her pets.

The fire started just before 2 p.m. at a house on 1st Avenue in Cartwright, Oklahoma.

One woman was in the house at the time. Witnesses say the woman was asleep when the fire started in another bedroom and woke up to her dog licking her face.

The woman was able to get out without injuries but lost everything in the fire, including her cat and the dog that saved her life.

Six fire trucks were on scene from Colbert, Cartwright, Achille and West Bryan County.

Latest News

Latest News