Grinning Green Gazpacho
3 green onions
2 celery ribs -- 15" long each
2 cucumbers -- 12"-15" total
1 yellow bell pepper
1 1/2 cups seedless grapes -- green
1/4 cup cilantro -- loosely packed
2 Tablespoons lime juice -- (one lime)
1 Tablespoon jalapeno pepper sauce -- (McIlhenny or Cholula)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white grape juice
1. Trim the seeds from pepper, and peel the cucumber. Wash the grapes. Slightly cut the onions, celery, cucumber and pepper.
2. Place the grapes in the bottom of the blender, followed by the celery, onions, pepper and cucumber. Process until small chunks are present.
3. Add cilantro, juice, pepper sauce and salt. Process again to blend well. Then add about half the grape juice at a time, blending after each.
4. Pour from blender into a glass container and chill at least 3 hours.
Serve in small bowls with garnish.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving 80 Calories; trace Fat (3.3% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 202mg Sodium