Cotton Candy Bowls
Serving Size : 10
10 waffle cone bowls -- (Keebler)
8 ounces chocolate – melted
2 ounces cotton candy -- (1 bag; Party City)
1/4 cup caramel topping
1/4 cup whipped topping, pressurized (optional)
1/3 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup, light
4 egg whites
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Place waffle bowls on a large tray. Drizzle chocolate evenly inside each bowl, swirling to coat the insides. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine the water, sugar and corn syrup into a saucepan. Stir to combine.
Cook over high until it reaches 240 F (about 15 minutes). Do not stir
while the corn syrup mixture is cooking.
3. Meanwhile, with an electric mixer on high, whip the egg whites and
cream of tartar in a large stainless-steel bowl until stiff peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the vanilla extract to the egg whites.
4. Once the corn syrup mixture has reached 240 F, remove it from the heat.
Lower the mixer speed to low and slowly pour the corn syrup mixture into the egg white peaks.
5. After the syrup has been poured into the egg whites, increase the speed to
medium high and continue to whip until the marshmallow crème is fluffy, about 7 to 8 minutes.
6. Let the marshmallow "fluff" cool.
7. Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of fluff into each bowl. Top with torn pieces of cotton candy.
8. Drizzle with caramel topping (And/Or a puff of whipped topping).
Serve with a large spoon & dive IN!