DENISON, Tex. (KXII) A fire in downtown Denison left multiple Main street businesses with damage and two families without a home.
Fortunately no one was hurt, but both families lost everything in the flames.
"We met on Main St. also, we met at CJ's Cafe," says Gabriel Hoops. He was inside his loft when the fire started.
Hoops and Mikayla Ross call Downtown Denison home.
"We've kind of grown with this downtown community," he says.
But after Wednesday's blaze on main street, they lost everything.
"It still hasn't even quite hit me yet."
Hoops and Ross are still in shock, but are just happy that they and their three year old daughter, Matéa, were safe and have a place to stay while they pick up the pieces.
"We could've easily broken down a lot more than we have and people have just really come through the wood-work to help us out. And it's been...it really helps us know where home is, you know?"
Main street business owners have started fundraisers for their family and others affected by the fire. They're gathering cash donations, gift cards, clothing, furniture and other day-to-day necessities.
Donations can be dropped off at Tracy Realty (800 West Main) or Vintage Mercantile (306 West Main). Larger donations can be taken to Rack City Archery (531 West Crawford).
For monetary donations, an account has been set up at First United Bank.
A GoFundMe has been set up for the Ross family.