Durant nursing home evacuated due to gas leak

DURANT, Okla. (KXII) - A gas leak led to an evacuation this weekend at a Durant nursing home.

Bryan County EMS Director Brian Norton said there was a reported gas leak at King's Daughters & Sons Nursing Home Saturday evening.

He said around 9:45, EMS was called to evacuate the 38 residents to other locations.

Norton said Marshall County and Atoka County EMS and Texas Vital Care helped during the evacuation.

Durant Public Schools provided buses to take residents to a Sherman hospital, an Atoka hospital and an Atoka nursing home.

He said the leak was non-emergency, but Oklahoma Natural Gas shut down gas lines at the building.

The Durant Fire Department is investigating. No word yet on the cause.

When News 12 reached out to King's Daughters & Sons Saturday evening, they declined to comment.