Electrical issue causes Kingston store fire

KINGSTON, Okla. (KXII) - The Texoma Volunteer Fire Department says a local general store caught fire Monday morning due to an electrical problem.

Chief Todd Cissell says they were called to Dark Corners Grocery Shop on McDuffee Rd in Kingston around 7 a.m. Monday for a fire that started in the office.

While the flames were put out in minutes, Cissell says the store could be a total loss due to heat and smoke damage.

No injuries were reported from the incident.