DENISON, Tex. (KXII) -- The home off Stage Coach and Friends Road in Denison is a total loss after a fire broke out early Wednesday morning around 8 am.
"This was the happiest I ever been in my life just to have a home and it's all gone," said the homeowner Tammy Lashley.
Lashley returned to her home just hours after a fire destroyed it.
"So I walked around the backside of the house and the whole back of the house was on fire," said Lashley.
Lashley was inside when it happened and her 14 year-old granddaughter, a Bells ISD student, was on her way to school.
"No one was hurt," said Grayson County Fire Marshal Andy Brazie. "No one was injured and even the dog made it out."
Lashley said that dog, named Pipsqueak, saved her life by notifying her something was wrong.
"So she saved me, because I didn't know it was on fire," Lashley said.
Several local fire departments responded and battled the blaze for about two hours. They don't yet know what started it.
"Still conducting an investigation," said Brazie. "I'll have to come back when the house cools off to finish it off."
The Red Cross is assisting Lashley and her granddaughter, but she says she's heartbroken she and her granddaughter won't have a home for the holidays.
"I don't have a Christmas tree, (inaudible), I don't have any presents," said Lashley. "I hope somebody will help me rebuild a house or get a house."
Brazie said the fire does not appear to be suspicious at this time.