TRENTON, Tex. (KXII) - A lineman was seriously injured Tuesday afternoon in Fannin County when the bucket he was working in caught fire.
Fannin County Sheriff's Lt. Frank Deater said the lineman was forced to jump out of the bucket when it caught fire after making contact with a live wire near Trenton.
Deater said the lineman was shocked and suffered serious burns before jumping out of the bucket, breaking both of his legs.
The crew thought power had been shut off to the line, Deater said.
The lineman was flown to a Plano hospital from the scene.