Milburn family loses home to fire on Thanksgiving

By  | 

MILBURN, Okla. (KXII) -- A fire on Thanksgiving Day leaves a Milburn family without a home for the holidays.

Tishomingo Fire Chief Gary Deaton said the family left a burning pile of brush outside unattended, just a few feet from their house.

Just after 4 p.m., the wind blew the flames onto the porch.

Deaton said the flames then spread throughout the house.

The woman, man and child all got out safely thanks to a neighbor who saw the flames, but when crews got there, the home was fully engulfed.

The fire took about 30 minutes to put out and the house is a total loss.

The red cross and three fire departments were all on scene to help.