One dead in Byng shooting; suspect no longer in custody, claims self-defense
UPDATE #3: Pontotoc County Sheriff John Christian says, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, shooting suspect Zachary Perkins has been released from custody. OSBI interviewed Perkins earlier on Saturday.
Perkins is claiming self-defense in the shooting and claims there are witnesses. OSBI will interview those witnesses before proceeding with its investigation.
UPDATE #2: Shooting suspect Zachary Perkins has been taken into custody. Pontotoc County Sheriff John Christian says Perkins was found and arrested in Oklahoma City around midnight.
UPDATE: Pontotoc County Sheriff's Office says they are searching for 20-year-old Zachary Perkins. They say he could be armed and dangerous and to not approach him. Anyone with information is asked to contact authorities.
ORIGINAL: One person is dead following a shooting off Old Highway 99 and High School Blvd. in Byng. Authorities tell us the suspect fled the scene on foot and they are currently searching the area.
They say the suspect could be armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Pontotoc County Sheriff's Office.
Stay with News 12 for updates on this developing situation.