Advertisement

One person hospitalized after incident at Panda Power in Sherman

(KXII)
Published: Mar. 28, 2017 at 8:43 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SHERMAN, Texas (KXII) -- An arc flash at the Panda Power station Tuesday in south Sherman sent one employee to the hospital.

Sherman Fire says It happened around 7:30 a.m. at 510 Progress Drive in Sherman.

An employee was de-energizing on a breaker, according to Panda Energy spokesperson Bill Pentak, when an arc flash occurred.

"The employee was wearing his PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) gear, and he was taken to the hospital," Pentak said. "The worker was not injured, and he has returned to the job."

Pentak said the employee was taken to the hospital as part of Panda Energy's emergency protocol.

The facility, Pentak said, was already shut down for scheduled maintenance when the incident occurred.

The company is investigating why the arc flash occurred, Pentak said.

Pentak added that the incident won't delay when the plant will be back online.