AUSTIN, Tex. (KXII) - Texas authorities are now offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the capture of a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender with Texoma ties.
Billy Don Urango, 26, was convicted eight years ago of sexually assaulting an eleven year old boy in Grayson County.
His last known address was in Dallas, but the Texas Department of Public Safety says he has ties to the Ardmore, Oklahoma, area as well as Wichita Falls, Watunga, and Bedford, Texas.
DPS is offering a cash reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to Urango's capture during the month of June.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
• Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
• Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
• Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about and then clicking on the link under their picture.
• Submit a Facebook tip by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
• Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store and for Android users on Google Play.
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted – and tipsters will be provided a tip number instead of using a name.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.
For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see Urango’s wanted bulletin.