Sherman family dispaced after apartment fire
A Sherman family has been displaced and several others affected after an apartment fire Friday evening.
The fire broke out around 8 p.m. at the River Ranch Apartments near FM 1417 and Highway 56 in Sherman.
Assistant Fire Chief Chris Olson said an electrical line shorted out into a copper water line, which sparked the flames.
Officials say one family was displaced and four others are without power.
Olson says the apartment complex is working to find the family somewhere to live.
They're still checking out the fire damage, but he said there was significant water damage due to the leak.