(KXII) - Residents in Cooke, Fannin and Grayson Counties will have the chance to properly dispose of hazardous household waste Saturday.
The Texoma Council of Governments will be holding their Household Hazardous Waste Collection event Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Those participating in Cooke County can bring their hazardous waste to the Criminal Justice Center at 300 CR 451 in Gainesville.
The Fannin County collection location is at the Pct. 4 County Warehouse at 1369 E. Sam Rayburn Dr in Bonham.
The Grayson County collection site is at Grayson College at 6101 Grayson Drive in Denison.
Collection locations will be accepting the following:
- Tires (residential auto only)
- Used Motor Oil
- Weed Killer
- Fluorescent Lights
- Oil-based & Latex Paints, Thinners, & Solvents
- Pool Chemicals & Similar Household Chemicals
- Ink & Toner Cartridges
- Electronics & Computer Hardware
- Audio/Video Equipment & TVs
- Properly-Rinsed Containers
Items that will not be accepted:
- Radioactive Material (Smoke Detectors)
- Infectious/Biologically-Active Materials
- Explosive Materials
- Compressed Gas Cylinders
- PCBs (Ballasts, Capacitors)
- Regulated Dioxins
- Drums (Liquids/Solids)
- Semi or Tractor Tires
- Waste from Businesses or Contractors
In 2017, more than 49 tons of hazardous waste were diverted from Texoma landfills, creeks and streams.
For more information, please contact (903) 813-3527