Makes: 2 dozen cupcakes
- 1 package (16.25 ounces) white cake mix
- Egg whites, water, vegetable oil to prepare mix
- 17 drops Wilton Orange Color Right Performance Color
- 3 drops Wilton Yellow Color Right Performance Color
- 1 package (10 ounces) Wilton Limited Edition Candy Corn Candy Melts Candy
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Wilton Imitation Clear Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (about 1/2 pound)
- Candy corn for garnish (optional)
Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare muffin pans with baking cups.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, egg whites, water and colors with electric mixer at low speed 30 seconds. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly among baking cups, filling about 2/3 full.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans on cooling grid 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on grid.
In medium microwave-safe container, combine Candy Corn Candy Melts Candy and heavy cream. Microwave at half (50 percent) power 1 minute. Stir. Microwave on half power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melts are almost melted. Stir thoroughly until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
In large bowl, beat shortening with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add Candy Melts mixture and beat until smooth. Beat in honey and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes. Top with candy corn, if using.