KXII News 12 is seeking a news co-anchor for the market’s dominant #1 evening newscasts. As Texoma's news, weather and sports leader, KXII prides itself on delivering the stories that matter to our viewers on every platform and being the Breaking News and Weather Authority every day. The ideal candidate is a newsroom leader with a passion for storytelling who will deliver the news in an engaging, energetic way every night.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Anchor and produce weeknight 5 p.m., 6 p.m., and 10 p.m. newscasts and fill in on other newscasts as needed
• Copy edit scripts to ensure accuracy, fairness, and deliverability
• Help with approval of reporter package scripts
• Serve as mentor and teacher to young reporters and producers
• Collaborating with other senior staff on key editorial decisions
• Maintain/develop community relationships and promote/attend KXII sponsored events
• Engage viewers through social media to generate stories, break and promote your work
• Ability to communicate professionally on-air and with co-workers
• Ability to write for on-air, web stories and social media
• Proven leadership skills working with staff at all levels
• Strong ethical news judgment and priority setting
• Possess great live reporting skills for field anchoring breaking news and severe weather
• Ability to collaborate with producers on how best to story tell using the set, video, graphics and technology
• Prior anchoring and on-air reporting experience required
• Investigative reporting experience preferred
• Must include link to demo reel for consideration
• Must have college degree in related field, a good driving record and valid driver's license, and a commitment to Gray’s drug-free workplace policy
• Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and legal issues
• Must possess strong writing and information gathering skills, be a quick thinker ready for anything, and have strong ad-lib abilities
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.