Staff puts out small fire at Denison retirement home

DENISON, Tex. (KXII) - The staff at a Denison retirement home put out a fire in their kitchen Thursday morning before firefighters could even arrive.

Firefighters said a light fixture at the Crawford Street Place assisted living center shorted out this morning around 11:30 a.m., lighting a fire.

The staff got it out quickly with a fire extinguisher, but all the residents had to be evacuated to another center in Denison. Nobody was hurt.

We're told they should be able to move back in to the Crawford home Thursday evening.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus